Tuesday, July 14, 2015

O-No Now They Are All Bigots -- But One

My great- great- grand father's were Confederated Soldiers in 1861-1864, and lived
But thank God there was one great- great-grandfather that was a
Union Soldier he is still a  honorable man in 2015  and he died 1864,
in the war  (thank God also) he had my great grand mother
in 1858 before he went to war or I would not be here.
 
In 1963 In the book "To Kill A Mockingbird"  Atticus Finch played by Gregory Peck was
a symbol of perfect man in America.  Now in 2015 he is a bigot.
 
Something tells me I don't live in the same America I was born into in 1939

 
 
 


1 comment:

Linda said...

Something tells me, sweet friend, that is not the same America I was born in to in 1967. Even my parents (gosh forbid!) have voted both times for Obama, and just think he is the greatest president ever. Sigh...what a sad shape we are in, friend.

As you know, I am a History student, mastering in U.S. History/Civil War. It is just shameful what is going on...and the true meanings behind things, and how ppl want to wipe out history etc...I refuse to read the Harper Lee book. I prefer to remember Gregory Peck (I know, he is just a actor, just saying as the character of Atticus) as the fearless lawyer, not some bigot. Just saying....