Monday, February 28, 2011

" Beethoven's Hair"
By Russell Martin
'
" An engrossing tale-- When, toward the end of the book, the author
writes of DNA test on the hair that reveal new answers to the causes of Beethoven's deafness
and death, even the skeptic will share his enthusiasm for this peculiar subject.
First class history, and a fascinating exposition of forensic science."( Kirkus reviews)
This book is a First Edition-- a gift Christmas 2000.
I love a good historical mystery.
A news paper clip from The Commercial Appeal 2001
You can enlarge photos

3 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

All I can say is you must be a speed reader. I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds interesting. I esp. enjoyed the newspaper article. It was a different world back than, when many people saved lockets of hair of their friends. I don't know that anyone does that much anymore.

Patsy said...

I will slow down as just read books after I get past the older books on my list.

Lynda said...

That sounds very interesting.